Recipe: Peak8 Burger Night!
1/2 pound elk burger (or bison, lean hamburger, turkey burger)
1/2 egg plant (cut vertically into thin slices)
1/4 fresh avocado
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1 small vine tomato
1 thin slice of Jarlsberg cheese
3 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1. Fire up the BBQ. While the grill is warming up, prep the burger into a patty (about 1-1 1/2 inch thick), season with some garlic powder and cracked pepper.
2. Slice cheese, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
3. Drizzle bell pepper with EVOO, set on grill plate.
4. Put burgers and bell peppers on the grill. When burgers are at the halfway point, bring a small skillet to medium heat with a drizzle of EVOO and sauté the mushrooms. Grill burgers to your desired temperature.
5. Once burgers are cooked, immediately spoon the sautéed mushrooms onto burger, topping with one slice of Jarlsberg cheese. Pull grilled bell peppers off and set on dinner plate.
Enjoy your tasty burger and grilled peppers with avocado and fresh tomatoes!