Recipe: Goat Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
organic chicken breast
crumbled goat cheese
organic fresh spinach
fresh bell peppers
fresh brussels sprouts
organic extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take your raw chicken breast, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Take 2 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese and fill the pocket.
- Take a generous pinch of spinach and fill the remaining space. Note: I used a couple toothpicks to help secure the opening on the chicken breast and ensure all ingredients roast inside of the chicken.
- Place chicken breast in a glass baking dish.
- Drizzle the chicken with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), cracked pepper, garlic powder, and other seasoning to taste.
- Put chicken in oven, bake until chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, place your chopped brussels sprouts in a sauté pan, drizzle EVOO, balsamic vinegar, spices to taste, raw pine nuts. Slowly sauté.
- On a baking sheet, place a whole bell pepper with a light coat of EVOO. Note: Be sure to take core and seeds out before roasting.
- Alongside the bell pepper in a small piece of aluminum foil, place a whole garlic with EVOO in the center of the whole garlic to moisten it, wrap the alumni foil around the garlic like a blanket.
- Place baking sheet on other shelf in oven, roast until garlic is tender and bell pepper is slightly blackened.
- Place on your favorite dinner plate, pour a glass of Chardonnay (or any wine of your choosing), and enjoy!
For more fun, healthy, meals with sass, set up a nutrition consultation at Peak8Fitness.com.